Letter of Intent

I have always wanted to affect other peoples life in meaningful and positive ways. My intention to do Master of Public administration emerges from the fact that I have always been interested in administering the public policy so that their public lives could be improved. I have always done this with responsibly and devotion. My first professional experience about public administration came about when I first helped in organizing a large volunteer group to package food for the relief of people affected by tsunami.

I have always been among the top ten position holders in school as well as in college. In school, I was involved many times as a successful team lead and always came with innovative solutions to the problems. I have gotten several awards and have been recognized at several places. I have extensive professional experience and my resume speaks volumes about my professional experiences and leadership roles. One of the main experience as a student I would like mention is being the chair of the English Department Student Union, I helped led a successful program organizational fund raising for the poor people. For that particular event I had to design a policy and manage the people so that maximum fund raising could be gain for the advantage of the poor people.

An uncle in my family was one of the first people who influenced my intention to purse MPA. My uncle works in a government department. I always seen him working day in and day out to influence the public policy in his own city and he has contributed a lot. Due to his services he not only gained on a personal level but has also helped in changing the peoples lives in the city where he is the administrator and I realized the fact that people always looked up to him whenever in problem, I would like to be the same, I want to gain respect and honor by helping people and contributing as a leader in the public policy making.

Lastly I have chosen the School of Public Administration, University of New Mexico for my master of public administration for its outstanding faculty and their excellent academic papers. My inquiry has led me to conclude that I would be able to contribute greatly to the research programs at school because of my passion of public administration and great interest in it.

I hope to gain a lot from this program and after I finish my program I plan to be associated with the United Nations WHO program to help the suffering people in the remote parts of the world. I am interested in changing the leadership style in the NGOs working to help the health in Africa. My masters in English will definitely help me in achieving this object as I an converse with them in a better way.

In the past I have worked as an Assistant to CEO of a fast growing company. I have the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment and have wide experience in working with numerous, diverse global cultures.

I am also looking for a graduate student assistantship so that I can concentrate more on the studies because if I go out for work I will not be able to study in depth and give time to studies , with my experience as an assistant chief executive officer. I am confident that I will be able to contribute big time to the department.

I have found that I could contribute greatly to the research work of Dr. Mario Rivera, his research areas especially public sector innovation and ethics has been something in which I can relate to very well and contribute greatly. Another of my research areas in which I can relate to is environmental policy and administration and I have also found that Dr. Uday Desai, the director of school of public administration has done a tremendous amount of work in that area and has work published too in the same area. I am confident that I will be able to participate and learn more if I am given a chance to work under him.

 I am an honest, capable and a tireless student and I expect that I will not only benefit from this program but also help others learn from my professional experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment