Admission Essay for Master of International and Public Affairs

I always believe that a meaningful life should be directed towards aiming high and working hard each day in order to reach such aspiration. As an individual who gives emphasis on the importance of education and academic determination, it has always been my aim to pursue a masters degree in international and public affairs, knowing that it is one definitive way for me to realize my full potentials as an individual and a means of preparing myself for the challenges set by globalization and international changes.

Having a four-year background as an editor for a television company, and a masters degree in journalism, I ardently believe that my skills and capabilities compliment those of a multidisciplinary international relations program. My personal experiences and the subjects I have undertaken have involved some combinations of the subjects incorporated within the program. Thus, I personally think that the exposure I had with the vibrant social realities and the international relations landscape, along with my professional training have given me perceptiveness and precision in applying in-depth analysis with the underlying issues of a rapidly changing society.

Although I may have had some initial achievements through my work experience and past education, I realized that I still have a lot to learn about international relations, most especially when it comes to the Asia-Pacific region. My present application for an advanced degree program in international and public affairs is precisely motivated to scale new heights with my intellectual pursuit, and more importantly would enable me to further my career development.  Nonetheless, the specialized training that I am about to get through the program will certainly make me a professional in the field of my choice, and will endow me with skills necessary for me to help my country in advancing its international objectives through making important contributions that are imperative for its international mobility.

Aside from the abovementioned reasons, a masters in international and public affairs would pave way for me to help find solutions to social challenges despite the limited resources available. Just the thought of being able to contribute in revitalizing the many aspects of the community is already a fulfillment that is truly worth contemplating. Likewise, to be able to educate others, to be able to apply my leadership skills, and the idea of constant learning is an opportunity that makes an advanced education in the field international and public affairs a venerating pursuit.

I have always been fascinated with such courses as globalization, international relations, public affairs, governance and development and communications that being said, I know that the program of my choice would not only further my know-how in the said courses but would also lay a very solid foundation in improving my analytical and problem solving skills, and would prepare me in assessing the most pressing issues of today to develop much needed solutions.

It has been said that during the long journey of life, only several steps are crucial especially those during ones youth. Without a doubt, to seek a masters degree in international and public affairs is a crucial step not only for my career but also in my lifetime. I firmly believe that to secure such education will effectively broaden my knowledge, exemplify my academic potentials, and strengthen my capacity in solving issues within the real world. It is also beyond doubt that this experience will be one of my most valuable asset and armor once I encounter challenges in my future life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment