Personal Statement for Master in Public Administration

Service to the public is a practice that not everyone would prefer engaging in. It requires considerable amount of time and patience, and calls forth for setting aside personal matters in order to carry out the task of consistently addressing challenges for the good of many. However, as difficult as it might appear, to become a public administrator is one definitive way to showcase ones leadership capabilities, not to mention that a growing number of varying sectors are in need of individuals who prefer to make a difference within the society. These aspects of public administration are what make it all the more venerating as a higher educational pursuit

I am a self-motivated individual who can work well with people tackle and follow through various projects and achieve set objectives. These attitudes of mine can be credited to the education I have received and the experiences I have been through. I am about to acquire my bachelors degree in criminology. Being a criminology student allowed me to become more observant of the things that need to be improved within the society leaving me with the confidence in my ability to pursue and further my education where I can be of service to others and promote positive change in peoples lives. Nonetheless, it has been my long time passion to share my knowledge and leadership, which I was able to exemplify in my four years of working in the fashion retailing business and during my 2-year tenure as an administrative assistant. My past jobs pave way for me to work with people of diverse background, giving me the opportunity to familiarize myself in dealing with people from all walks of life and have profoundly heightened my communication skills. Having said that, I know that my experiences have prepared me well in overcoming challenges that I am about to face.

In many ways, these experiences of mine played a significant role in propelling my desire to take my masters in public administration. This is not only because I have already acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to become a public administrator, but because the things that I have dealt with through such experiences made me appreciate those people who take their time in doing their best to improve the living standards of other people, and to become one of them or just be like them is truly a venerating and fulfilling idea that I am very much excited about. Other than this, my education and work experiences served as an avenue for me to overcome my limitations as an individual, and made me perceive my full potentials as a future public administrator.

It has always been my desire to make an important difference in the society, and the (name of university)s public administration program provides me with the opportunity to attain such aspiration. The goals I have set for my career will only be made possible through such education, but I know that through hard work and focus, I will be able to realize them. During and after receiving my MPA, I wish to utilize the education I would receive in a more positive and gainful career in the government or a non-profit organization. Nonetheless, I know that what I would be able to attain through this education will provide me with the opportunity to have faster upward career mobility and become a confident, successful, and dedicated administrator where I would be able to contribute in revitalizing various aspects of the community and share my know-how to the people who share the same pursuit as mine.

I know that I will have to work hard in order to gain my masters degree in public administration, but I am prepared to take on any challenge that the university will lay upon me as I have always worked well under pressure. In the end, what I would be able to gain through the aid of the university would serve as an investment that will help me fulfill my aspirations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment